Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Theories of where Polynesians came from.

Today the two theories I will be comparing are the ‘Hawaiki’, and ‘South America’ theories. Some people believe that Polynesians were migrated from South America. A theorist named Thor H. once noticed the wind and ocean currents might’ve pushed travelers to the Pacific, instead of their destination. Some people believe this evidence is true. Although some do not. Some people believe that Polynesia was migrated from ‘Tahiti’. The reason for this is the similarities of Myths, Stories, Names, etc. I think that both theories have a lot of interesting and different evidence. This makes me want to research more about Theories on where we Polynesians came from. I support the theory of South America. Because of its evidence. I think the evidence of this theory is true. A particular evidence I believe is how sweet potato (kumara) came from South America. Also how wind and ocean currents pushed travelers to the Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment